Sunday, September 21, 2014

Week 2

Find your target audience: What are they looking for?
My target audience are people with pets. 
Every pet owner wants to own pictures of their pet and I want to give them just that but funnier. My pictures are different from other pet photographers. It's more personal. It's their animal and their character it's very unique. 

Find out about your competition: Who are you up against?
My competitors are all pet photographers in Washington DC. 
http://www.shelleycastlephotography.com/
http://www.sarariddle.com/
http://www.pawprintsgallery.com/blog/
But none of them are similar from what I do. (So that's good).

Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of your competitions brands.
 I have not yet found a photographer who has taken pictures of dogs with their personality. being funny and crazy, they are usually very nicely posed. But then again I have not yet really worked on my brand. 


I talked to Barbara Karent, who is an Instructor at Harrington College of Design, if she would be willing to help me find some 'models' for my portfolio. She said yes and we will soon plan a day where I get to meet a lot of pet owners mostly Greyhounds, because Barbara helps out at a Greyhound rescue. I also have three shoots lined up with friends of mine which one of them is a cat owner, which will be interesting because I haven't had to shoot a cat before. This week my blog is a little shorter than last week, I was busy taking a new Quinnjmmin picture and that took a lit of my time.

Write down 5 words that are the most important traits that you want your business to communicate to your clients.
Personal, funny, experimental, unique and clever. This is something that is very personal for people to own. It will have their dogs in the image.

Food

To be honest I have not really had a chance to look for some inspiration yet. But I know that my images will be very creative and unique. I will continue to shoot some more where the fabric blends in with the food objects. I will most likely use the ones I have already and put them into my Portfolio. I will start looking at workbook to find some themes I might continue. (not just food, fashion too, I might use the style and shot it with food.)

No comments:

Post a Comment